Live. Laugh. Love.

FASHION. MUSIC. VINTAGE. PHOTOGRAPHY. DOODLES. COLORS. THOUGHTS. INSPIRATION. RANTS.

Sabado, Disyembre 17, 2011

"Free Your Mind.": A Review.

The Matrix is a 1999 science fiction movie, not just an ordinary sci-fi film because its conception is really far-fetched. For a 1999 film, The Matrix is in advance in terms of its special effects and graphic design. It’s as if I was watching a 2020 film. The storyline was amazing and every scene was breath-taking. It wasn’t my first time watching the film but I presume that the first time I watched this movie was when I was 8 or 10 years old and of course I can’t appreciate the exquisiteness of the film yet.

I loved The Matrix as I watched it the second time around, and only a few minor contraptions linked with the climax caused the film to have a four-star rating for me. (Maybe I am not really a fan of sci-fi action films, that's the thing, I guess.) The movie is dynamic, atmospheric, visually spectacular, and mind-boggling. It figures with the margins between reality and fantasy in an exceptional and unique ways. The Matrix is a rough jaunt, a hackers' contemporary day “Alice In Wonderland” in which it attempts to illuminate the world in the future as a pixel based illusion. Man became obsessed with technology and soon that same technology, "AI" or Artificial Intelligence took over.

Thomas Anderson portrayed by Keanu Reeves is a “two-faced” man. To most people he's a hard-working computer programmer for a major software corporation. But when he is alone, he's a hacker named Neo who is “virtually committing crime.” Neo is discontented with his life. He believes that there is always something missing, something going on that no one is aware of and, while he's investigating for a meaning to it, he was contacted by a mysterious computer presence known as Morpheus. Morpheus believes in a certain prophecy that states there is one man who will have the strength to bring about the end of the reign of machines and give back life to mankind, this man he believes is Neo. And as Neo’s searching for the answers to his questions there is Morpheus who will let him know the answer by himself.

Neo, at first, is very hesitant of what he’s doing. He’s doubtful of the results his actions may take but he gave his trust to the group he has and to Morpheus who became his mentor.

As I watch the movie, I can’t help but wheeze and wander about how these people behind the film think of this kind of concept. A man is virtually walking to the “real world” which they believe is not. They can pass through phone lines, they can move fast, they already know what will happen next, they can dodge bullets and all of those things that only superhuman can do. I also find myself imagining that I was part of the movie, that I was part of Morpheus’s group. It also made me think what really is “real” and what really is “dreaming”.

 End of the film, Neo get back in the Matrix, making a telephone call that he will show the people who are captives of the Matrix that "anything is possible." He hang down the phone and then disappeared. 

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento