Live. Laugh. Love.

FASHION. MUSIC. VINTAGE. PHOTOGRAPHY. DOODLES. COLORS. THOUGHTS. INSPIRATION. RANTS.

Miyerkules, Marso 7, 2012

After 41 Years...

The man on the left side of the picture is my grandfather and on the right is my father.

         It is so amazing that after 41 years, my dad finally got to know his father -- my grandfather.

         Their story is as interesting as a Maalala Mo Kaya stories that are featured every Saturday at ABS-CBN. At the back of my mind, honestly, I want to pass their story to MMK but I don't have the guts and I don't think that they would want their story to be aired. I haven't asked them yet actually.

        My Grandmother, Ruth Castorillo was a band singer during the late 1960s to 1970s while my grandfather, Ernesto Gomez, was part of the band. He was the band's drummer and he do the rhythm, too. He only plays the drums when they are covering the song "To Sir With Love" which actually is the theme song of Daddy Boy and Lola Ruth at the time. According to my Daddy Boy's (Lolo Ernesto) story, they really loved each other. They were living together in a hotel for free for the reason that they were the band that sings in that hotel. When they were together, Daddy Boy always do the laundry for Lola Ruth is very dominating.

     Daddy Boy also told me that my Lola Ruth is just an average girl. She's not as pretty as a typical collegiala. She's petite, tan-skined but very hygienic. Actually, Lola Ruth trained Daddy Boy to do manicure and pedicure and up to now, Daddy Boy is still concious with his nails.

     The time comes when they have to go to Manila for vacation because their band had a chance to  have a break. They were living together with my Lola Ruth's cousin and sister. My Lola's sister went home but they never expected what happened next.

    My Lolo Paul, Lola Ruth's father came with policemen with him. He took Lola Ruth away from Daddy Boy. He frightened Daddy Boy so Daddy boy surrendered Lola Ruth to his father. But of course, Daddy Boy searched for Lola Ruth in almost 2 years. But sad to say, he can't find her for the reason that Lola Ruth's father made sure that Daddy boy won't find them. So Daddy Boy just go on, had a family but he still love Lola Ruth.

    Lola Ruth got pregnant, gave birth named it Amado but everyone calls him Andy. Andy -- he's my dad. Daddy Boy doesn't knnow about everything. He never know Lola Ruth got pregnant. My dad, never  knew he had a father. Dad was 16 years old when Lola Ruth died because of sickness and on that moment Daddy Andy knew that his father name is Ernesto Gomez. He search for him but he could not find him until he went to Manila for college. He met my mom, they got married but still, he doesn't even know where his father is and to where will he find him.

   Until the boom of Facebook comes. This December 2011, he saw an Ernesto Gomez on Facebook. This Ernesto Gomez really look like him. He immediately add him as a friend and leave a message saying that he is in search for a father named Ernesto Gomez. They had a chat, Daddy Boy interrogated my dad until he confirmed that my dad is really his son. 

   We are so happy about it because we all feel complete. No questions bugging our head anymore. I am happy to have him as my grandfather and I would like to be close to him. I love him.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento