Live. Laugh. Love.

FASHION. MUSIC. VINTAGE. PHOTOGRAPHY. DOODLES. COLORS. THOUGHTS. INSPIRATION. RANTS.

Lunes, Enero 30, 2012

Red Marks

Last January 24, 2012, I got my first stern red marks on an editorial draft by my Journalism professor.


And on the 27th, I still have red marks on my draft but it was fewer than the picture above. (I don't have its picture cause I was really upset that time.) But also on that date, my draft was approved and I was slightly happy about it. I think my professor wasn't still happy and I am so frustrated. I mean, what did I've done wroooong? -___-

GOOD NEWS! On this day, January 31, 2012 my Editorial Article (oh yes the article itself!!!) was approved by him. And guess what, I just did that in more or less than 15 minutes. AMAAAAAAAZING. I was also surprised because I've never write an article as swift as that. NEVER! :) Maybe I was just soooooo inspired today and I don't know where's that inspiration's coming! (Joke, of course I know, right? lol) So here, is the Editorial Article I wrote today!!

THE TRIAL
by: Angeli Ruth C. Castorillo

“People of the Philippines versus Chief Justice Renato Corona.” or is it, “The Administration against CJ Corona”?

            According to Article XI, Section 2 of the 1987 Philippine Constitution: “The President, the Vice President, the Members of the Supreme Court, the Members of the Constitutional Commissions, and the Ombudsman maybe removed from office, on impeachment for, and conviction of, culpable violation of the constitution, treason, bribery, graft and corruption, other high crimes, or betrayal of public trust.” The constitution may sound specific and stronger than any other definition but it sounds better than saying that impeachment is just the removal of public officials in their perspective offices due to misconduct because the leaders might be frightened to do anomalies. But why does it seem like here in the Philippines, impeachment of public officials is not a stranger to us anymore?

            Do you remember former President Joseph Ejercito – Estrada? How about Ombudsman Merceditas Gutierrez? It is not surprising that another public official is now being heated under his seat. The controversial impeachment trial of Chief Justice Renato Corona is now being televised like a dramatic soap opera as virtual as ERAP’s impeachment.

            CJ Corona’s impeachment is due to his betrayal of public trust, he violated the constitution and he failed to disclose to the public his statement of assets and liabilities and net worth as required by the Constitution. He is now charged of graft and corruption by the courts. And yes, the Philippine’s highest court where CJ Corona used to operate his function.

            Of course, CJ Corona denied the entire allegation against him. He fortified himself and told the court that he only own 5 of the 45 properties being accused by his name. He also said that the other properties were either owned by his in-laws, his in-laws parents, his broker and people he did not know, and even by the National Housing Authority, but were incorporated in the list to “make it appear” that these were his. Speaking before the keen crowd of cohorts gathered at the Supreme Court building in Manila, the Chief Justice also lashed out three powerful persons he did not name for allegedly conspiring to eject him out of his office. He was apparently referring to President Aquino, DOTC Secretary Mar Roxas and Associated Justice Antonio Carpio.

            Whether the court will be just or Corona is guilty with the allegations, it is the people’s task and responsibility to be up-to-date of the issue since we have to be vigilant also if the person in the hot seat is really blameworthy or if he is just being charged for the reason of his involvements and him being appointed by the former president Congresswoman Gloria Macapagal – Arroyo. Is this case just a confederacy against Corona? Is it or is it not? #


__________________________________________________________________________________

I am so asdfghjkl inspired!! <3

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento